Introduction to Bee Removal is a Course
Introduction to Bee Removal
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
While live bee removal started in an effort to save feral honey bee colonies from extermination, today it is its own industry in the bee world. This bee-Learning Short Course explores the many practices that beekeepers use to prevent, trap, and remove nuisance honey bee colonies. This course will provide you with a solid bee removal foundation on which you can continue to build your skills with hands-on practice and guidance from an experienced mentor.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Bee-Proofing a Property
- An Introduction to Bee Removal
- Capturing and Trapping Swarms
- Removing Established Colonies
- Best Practices After Colony Removal
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Master Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.