Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course will provide an in-depth look at beekeeping equipment from the parts of the hive to the necessary tools that every beekeeper should have. You will also be introduced to many examples of optional beekeeping tools, alternative hive types, and ways to set up and manage the hives in your operation.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- The Parts of a Langstroth Hive
- Frames and Foundation
- Three Essential Beekeeping Items
- Miscellaneous Beekeeping Equipment
- Alternative Hive Sizes and Types
- Hive Choice and Configuration
- Assembling Hive Equipment
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Apprentice Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.