Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course will introduce you to what it takes to manage honey bee colonies. Many people are interested in honey bees and consider getting into beekeeping as a hobby or even as a business venture. Before taking the big step of acquiring your first colonies though, make sure you have a good grasp on why you want to keep bees, on the time and monetary requirements of beekeeping, and on any local or regional rules for keeping honey bees.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Why Keep Honey Bees?
- The Monetary and Time Requirements of Beekeeping
- Rules and Regulations for Keeping Honey Bees
- Making Money with Bees
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Apprentice and Advanced Beekeeper online courses, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.