Extracting and Bottling Honey is a Course
Extracting and Bottling Honey
Time limit: 60 days
Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course follows the processing of honey from the hive to the bottle. In this course, you will learn how to select ripe honey frames, methods of separating honey from the comb, and how to safely bottle and label honey for sale at small and large scales.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Harvesting Honey
- Extracting Honey
- Post-Extraction Processing
- Bottling Honey
- Commercial Honey House Requirements
- Commercial Honey Labeling Requirements
- Cottage Food Honey Sales
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Apprentice Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.