Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course is the third in a series on Beekeeping as a Business. In this course, you will learn about the financial aspects of running a successful beekeeping business including using financial advisors as well as how to keep records, manage a budget, and pay business taxes. Additionally, you will learn about the liability concerns associated with many beekeeping businesses and the types of insurances that can help protect you and your business from these liabilities.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Financial Advisors
- Bookkeeping Basics
- Financial Statements
- Federal Taxes
- State and Local Taxes
- Overview of Insurance Types
- Farm Insurance
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- This short course qualifies for two Continuing Education hours for the Master or Master Craftsman levels of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program. You do not need to be a participant in the MBP to take this short course.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.