Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course is the second in a series on Beekeeping as a Business. In this course, you will learn about the very first steps you need to take before starting any business, while exploring examples from the beekeeping industry. Starting a successful beekeeping business requires finding trusted advisors, establishing long- and short-term goals, developing a business plan, and setting up the correct legal structure and licenses to fit the business' needs.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Assistance and Training
- Goal Setting
- Introduction to Business Planning
- Writing a Business Plan
- Selecting a Legal Structure
- Registering Name and Taxes
- Licenses and Permits
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- This short course qualifies for two Continuing Education hours for the Master or Master Craftsman levels of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program. You do not need to be a participant in the MBP to take this short course.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.