Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course is the fourth in a series on Beekeeping as a Business. In this course, you will learn how to manage employees within your beekeeping business, including requirements for hiring employees, additional steps required for hiring foreign employees, and the labor laws and employee rights that you should be aware of prior to hiring.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Labor Laws
- Contractor or Employee
- Steps for Hiring an Employee
- Hiring Foreign Employees
- Employee Rights and Benefits
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- This short course qualifies for one Continuing Education hour for the Master or Master Craftsman levels of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program. You do not need to be a participant in the MBP to take this short course.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.