Full course description
While honey is the most common product that humans harvest from honey bees, it is far from the only one. Humans have long recognized the great resources that can be found within a hive and their many uses. In this bee-Learning Short Course you will explore these diverse products; you will learn about the floral sources of honey, how to render beeswax, the uses of less common hive products like royal jelly, and much more!
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Monofloral and Wildflower Honeys
- Other Honey Products
- Propolis, Royal Jelly, and Bee Brood
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Advanced Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.