Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course will introduce you to the field of queen rearing. Many beekeepers of all operation sizes are interested in raising their own honey bee queens whether to encourage specific honey bee traits, to avoid needing to purchase new queens, or just for the challenge that this area of beekeeping presents. In this course, you will learn which honey bee traits are hereditary, how to prepare starter and builder colonies, and the steps involved in producing your own queens.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Choosing Breeder Queens
- Colony Preparation
- Queen Production Timeline
- Instrumental Insemination
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- Lessons in this course overlap with lessons in the Master Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.