Full course description
This bee-Learning Short Course is the first in a series on Beekeeping as a Business. In this introductory course, you will learn to differentiate between backyard, sideliner, and commercial beekeeping operations. You will also consider the time requirements, additional costs, and other important changes to expect when transitioning your beekeeping hobby to a business.
This short course includes the following lessons:
- Backyard Beekeepers
- Sideliner Beekeepers
- Commercial Beekeepers
- Monetary and Time Requirements of Beekeeping
- Transition and Effort
- Software requirements: For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- One lesson in this course overlaps with a lesson in the Apprentice Beekeeper online course, part of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
- This short course qualifies for 0.5 Continuing Education hours for the Master or Master Craftsman levels of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program. You do not need to be a participant in the MBP to take this short course.
- bee-Learning Short Courses are completely self-paced, although must be completed within 60 days of registering.
- You will receive a certificate of completion for this course via email after you have passed the final assessment and completed the course exit survey.
- No refunds will be granted for this course after the course has been accessed.