Full course description
The UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program -Advanced Level online course is the second level of the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program (MBP). You must be an Apprentice Beekeeper in the UF/IFAS MBP to tak this course. This course focuses on pest and pathogen management in honey bee colonies as well as the practices associated with the primary benefits we derive from honey bees, namely pollination services and hive products. Throughout this online course and the required year of hive management experience, participating beekeepers will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to manage and reap the benefits of healthy bee colonies. Additionally, you will learn what you need to start sharing your knowledge of honey bees with others.
Register for this course if you are already an Apprentice Beekeeper and would like to continue in the UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program.
Below is the release schedule for the modules of this online course:
- Advanced Level Overview: January 23
- Education and Communication: January 23
- The Evolution of Beekeeping: February 27
- Honey Bee Pests: February 27
- Honey Bee Pathogens: March 26
- Pollination: March 26
- Honey Production: : April 23
- Harvesting and Processing Honey: May 28
- Other Hive Products: June 25
- What is a Bee?: June 25