Apprentice Beekeeper Course: UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program is a Course
Apprentice Beekeeper Course: UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program
Full course description
The Apprentice Beekeeper course is the entrance into the online UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program (MBP). In it, you will explore the early decisions that beekeepers have to make, relate honey bee biology to the management practices of beekeepers, learn practical beekeeping skills, and explore the yearly stressors that typically impact honey bee colonies. This course is appropriate for prospective, new, and experienced beekeepers, although beekeepers with 2+ years may instead attempt to test out of the Apprentice level.
This course includes the following modules:
- Apprentice Level Overview
- Honey Bee Biology
- Beekeeping Equipment
- Getting Started
- Beekeeping Basics
- Colony Stressors
- Yearly Management
- Software requirements:
- For the best user experiece use Chrome when accessing this course. Some features in this course are not be compatible with other internet browsers.
- You will need the latest version of Adobe PDF reader software to access some content in this course. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free, here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- There are no start or end dates for this course. You can join any time and work at your own pace.
- Read the refund policy here.
- A full list of the lessons in this course, costs associated with each MBP level, and the complete requirements for each level can be found on the UF/IFAS Bee Lab website under 'UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program'.