Full course description
The UF/IFAS Master Beekeeper Program is comprised of four levels: Apprentice, Advanced, Master, and Master Craftsman. Beekeepers with a minimum of two years of practical beekeeping experience may attempt to test out of the Apprentice Beekeeper level within this online course.
If you have less than two years of beekeeping experience, you are NOT eligible to test out of the Apprentice level. By registering for this course, you are agreeing that you have a minimum of two years of practical beekeeping experience.
In order to test out of the Apprentice level, you must:
- Complete a course entry survey.
- Pass an online written assessment with a score of 80% or greater.
- Pass a hive inspection practical assessment with a score of 80% or greater.
- You will record this assessment (using a smartphone or other digital camera) in your own apiary and will submit the recording within this course. Grading details and recording expectations can be found within this course.
- Currently manage honey bees.
- Submit your current apiary/beekeeper registration (where available).
If you successfully test out of this level, you will become an Apprentice Beekeeper and will be eligible to begin the Advanced Beekeeper online course. If you do not successfully pass the written and practical assessments, you will need to register for and complete the full Apprentice Beekeeper online course in order to remain in the program. In the latter case, your $50 testing fee will be applied to the registration fee for the full Apprentice course.
No refunds will be granted for this course after the written assessment has been accessed.
Please note, some features in this course may not be compatible with Safari or Microsoft Edge. For the best user experiece, consider using another internet browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).